Friday 24 July 2009

In which dinner is served!

This sald is my husband and I's favourite summer dish of all time. It's filling (this of course is ALWAYS important) and it's so packed with flavour it's like an explosion in your mouth (yeah, you like that?). Sweet potatos cornered off with salty chorizo and gooey eggs all with a kick of citrus at the end! Could you ask for anything more?

I'm generally quiet adverse to having salad for dinner. Just salad that is, because it just seems so...well, girly. But no no, this salad has ball's people while still being able to comfort my tender emotional side. If I could, I'd have this salad's babied. I would.

Also I'll eat ANYTHING with Chorizo in it. yes, even that.

















Warm Chorizo and Egg Salad
(taken from EasyCook magazine)
(Serves 4)

2 Large sweet potatos, unpeeled and sliced diagonally
1 tbsp olive oil
85g chorizo, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
juice of 1/2 a lemon
130g bag of mixed salad leaves
4 hard-boiled eggs (We soft boil them because YUM), quatered
100g pack cherry tomatoes, halved

Boil the potatos for 10 minutes, until just tender. Drain and tip into a bowl.

Heat a griddle or frying pan. Toss the potatoes in 1tsp oil, season well and fry for 2 minutes until charred.

Tip the potatoes back into the bowl, then fry the chorizo for 2 minutes. Lift into the bowl, leaving the juices behind. Add the garlic and the rest of the oil and let sizzle for 30 seconds. Squeeze in the lemon juice. Arrage the hot ingredeients on top of a salad and drizzle over the hot dressing.

Voila!

Oh yes, Husband asked me to make sure everyone knows he boiled the eggs. Yes darling, eeeeveryone knows.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger