Shopping and Dessert.
I'm such a happy girl right now. Husband, Son, The In-Laws and I took a trip to Freeport to do a bit of shopping. I under Heavenly Housewife's advice homed in on Karen Millen. Oh how have I stayed away from this shop before!? The dresses! THE DRESSES! I was in heaven. I must have spent an hour in the dressing room trying on every single dress I could get my hands on. They were the kind of dresses that if I owned I would wear them at home just to be wearing a Karen Millen dress. 2 were top favourites. Unfortunately these 2 were either a size too big or a size too small. I was very disappointed. But it's ok because I've ordered it online :)
Did I mention I am now a huge fan of Karen Millen? I would marry her.
I also came away with a bargain at Next. several items that totaled to 30 quid which I couldn't figure out until we were sat at lunch later and I read the recipe and realized she hadn't rung up two items. Am I a bad person for not going back to let her know? ... I'm leave someone else to think about that.
Also bought a few beautiful items at Lipsy and Morgan. Am surprised I came away with no shoes. I'm a shoe girl you see, usually I come away with at least 2 pairs. not today, though we are shopping again tomorrow so might make up for it then. Tomorrow though is boy shopping, get my two fella's their suits for the wedding. oh I love shopping.
On to dessert.
I love dessert though I don't tend to have it often at home, but yesterday while I was out I came too a Turkish market and there was a stall selling Baklava. I have no hesitation in saying Baklava is my most favorite dessert ever. If you haven't had it before go have it and then join my club. We had it last night with a nice cup of tea and when I took that first bite, savoured it, paused, I just felt like everything in the world would be ok. The world would become peaceful, wars would stop, no one would starve and I would win the lottery (what?). It was a beautiful moment.
Here is an awesome recipe for Baklava courtesy of Closet Cooking.
- someone needs to stop me
- screw the "In which..." from now on!
- In which I fancy a drink
- In which I give you a quickie
- Joy of reading award
- In which pills are the only way
- In which it's a monday
- In which there is more shopping to be had
- In which I do the movie and a take-away thing
- In which I discuss two of my favourite things
- In which dinner is served!
- In which we should consider
- In which I am taken down
- Nigela Lawson is a bit of a hero for me. It starte...
- In which I bite my tongue
- In which yes I am aware I am going to be posting a...
- In which I am thoughtful
- In which I want to be popular
- In which I love thy neighbor
- In which I again ask
- In which everything is wonderful
- In which I fail
- In which I go to war
- In which it's a race for life
- In which thunder all through the night
- In which I am pleasently surprised.
- In which I make a note
- In which I think dried cranberries are yummy
- In which I get hothothot
- In which I use my prerogative as a woman
- In which I ask a question...or two.
- in which something is afoot
- In which I moan about my boobs
- In which I consider all things baking
- In which I am hopeless
- In which I try to be a good person
- In which Tex-Mex fish fillets are made
- In which I make small talk and say whats on my min...
- In which there are friends for dinner
- ▼ July (39)