Wednesday, 8 July 2009
In which Tex-Mex fish fillets are made
Husband and I served this on Mexican style rice with tortilla chips and salsa on the side. It was the perfect summer quick 'n' easy meal.
Tex-Mex fish fillets
4 boneless white fish fillets
2 tbsp fajita seasoning
2 tbsp sunflower oil
200g pot guacamole
handful coriander leaves (I think it's called cilantro in the USA) roughly chopped
lime wedges to serve
Dust the fish in the seasoning and heat the oil in a shallow frying pan.
Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp.
Seve each piece of fish with a spoonful of guacamole on top, a scattering of chopped coriander
and a lime wedge for squeezing.
Oh, and in case you are wondering... No that is not how mine looked. I wish. I took a shot of the photo in the magazine I got this recipe from, because by the time I thought to take a picture of our meal half of it was gone.
- someone needs to stop me
- screw the "In which..." from now on!
- In which I fancy a drink
- In which I give you a quickie
- Joy of reading award
- In which pills are the only way
- In which it's a monday
- In which there is more shopping to be had
- In which I do the movie and a take-away thing
- In which I discuss two of my favourite things
- In which dinner is served!
- In which we should consider
- In which I am taken down
- Nigela Lawson is a bit of a hero for me. It starte...
- In which I bite my tongue
- In which yes I am aware I am going to be posting a...
- In which I am thoughtful
- In which I want to be popular
- In which I love thy neighbor
- In which I again ask
- In which everything is wonderful
- In which I fail
- In which I go to war
- In which it's a race for life
- In which thunder all through the night
- In which I am pleasently surprised.
- In which I make a note
- In which I think dried cranberries are yummy
- In which I get hothothot
- In which I use my prerogative as a woman
- In which I ask a question...or two.
- in which something is afoot
- In which I moan about my boobs
- In which I consider all things baking
- In which I am hopeless
- In which I try to be a good person
- In which Tex-Mex fish fillets are made
- In which I make small talk and say whats on my min...
- In which there are friends for dinner
- ▼ July (39)