Monday 27 July 2009

In which there is more shopping to be had

Afternoon everyone.

Son is napping, the house is quiet and I want more than anything to crawl into bed and have a nap. But I shall not, I know I'll feel worse for it later. I feel wrecked today. Yesterday as I mentioned in my last post, was busy. As soon as I was awake I started baking, wanting to make For the love of Cooking's Coffeecake muffins. Which turned out beautifully and I will be making them again for sure. we continued to be busy after this leaving the house early (for a Sunday) for a quick lunch at KFC (son loves the corn on the cob) and then off for some shopping.

Shopping this time for the boys wedding outfits.

First on the list was Son. After going into every shop that sold baby/toddler clothes (and picking myself up yet another dress!) I came to the conclusion there is nothing. I want him in a waist coat rather than a jacket because I know he'll just rip the jacket off, and the only waist coat I found was at Next and it was gold and good lord does my son ever look horrible in gold. nonono. I could not do it too him. He's a red head you see (I don't know where he gets that from because neither hubby or I are) and gold just would not work.

So we gave up. I'm thinking a trip to London next weekend might be the way to go, because I didn't see anything online last night either.

Next a suit for Husband. This was not as easy as I thought it would be, mostly because husband enjoys shopping and taking his time and he likes "quality". After an hour or so in the shop Husband chose a beautiful 3 piece gray suit teamed with a rose colored shirt. He looks stunning in it. And I made him promise to wear it next time we go to dinner because I won't be able to keep my hands off him.

Husband today left for work early (5am) as they had some filming going on or something and tonight he his home late because the exec team is off to the horse races this evening and then out to dinner. I'm planning a chick flick, a bath and some pampering tonight. I can't wait.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe u should look in the M&S little boys department for your son. They might have something cute and it wont be to expensive-at this age they grow out of things so fast anyways. I cant imagine why they would make a little gold boy vest, thats just silly and weird!
Glad to hear that you were able to find another dress though daaahling.
i hate it when hubby is gone all day. i get really bored.

JennyMac said...

Ahhh...nap time is one of my favorites. LOL. And I will be right over for a muffin.

Eve said...

HH - I'm a dressaholic at the moment. I need to be stopped. :) Usually I don't mind a evening break from hubby because I take full advantage of the TV remote, but with Son being a handful today I could have done with his support!

Jenny - Help yourself please! My thighs will thanks you :)

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger