Saturdays at Eve's place tend to be shopping a pint at the pub and then fish and chips at the local. This usually is all done down by the In-Laws but yesterday Father In-Law had come down with a bad stomach bug so husband and I headed home early and decided to dine in. As I never have anything prepared for dinner on a Saturday (since we are always out) Husband suggested we treated ourselves to a kebab from the shop down the road, I jumped (and maybe squealed) at the idea. We are lucky enough to live two blocks down from the BEST chippy/kebab house this side of London, and Husband and I are very picky about our kebabs. Very. Generally I associate buying a kebab as the second biggest mistake you can make on a night on the town (the first mistake being taking the funny looking fellow home with you). They tend to be rotten and cheap and god knows what kind of meat.
OH but not ours. not ours. Not only is the place when you walk in sparkling clean, so much so that you can see your reflection in all the stainless steel appliances. But also the salad is so fresh it still glistens with water. Is still crisp. We've never ordered a donor kebab (I fear them) we always order a Chicken Shish Kebab, freshly grilled with piles of crisp lettuce, cabbage, onion, cucumber and tomato all stuffed in a toasted pita and a side of garlic mayonnaise and a few hot peppers to accompany it all.
Gorgeous. This again is one of those foods that I rave and rave about, one of those things that if you ever came to visit me I would insist you try it and then watch with glee as you came to the same conclusion I did and always do.
While enjoying our perfect kebab (just writing about it makes me want another one. I would happily get fat one these...these and Baklava) we watched "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith in it. I can't come up with any intelligent thoughts for this movie. I think it was good. I love Will Smith. Another brilliant performance. But just wasn't sure about the movie. I'm pretty sure I liked it but it left me feeling... like I wanted more. but not because it was so good but because I think I deserve it for sitting through it.
Tonight we watch "Burn after reading". Actually looking at the time that will probably have to happen tomorrow now because I'm about to get in the bath and I don't think I can do a late one tonight, it was a busy day. Which I will elaborate on later tonight or maybe in the morning.
Hope your weekend was good.
- December (10)
- November (15)
- October (14)
- September (20)
- August (28)
- someone needs to stop me
- screw the "In which..." from now on!
- In which I fancy a drink
- In which I give you a quickie
- Joy of reading award
- In which pills are the only way
- In which it's a monday
- In which there is more shopping to be had
- In which I do the movie and a take-away thing
- In which I discuss two of my favourite things
- In which dinner is served!
- In which we should consider
- In which I am taken down
- Nigela Lawson is a bit of a hero for me. It starte...
- In which I bite my tongue
- In which yes I am aware I am going to be posting a...
- In which I am thoughtful
- In which I want to be popular
- In which I love thy neighbor
- In which I again ask
- In which everything is wonderful
- In which I fail
- In which I go to war
- In which it's a race for life
- In which thunder all through the night
- In which I am pleasently surprised.
- In which I make a note
- In which I think dried cranberries are yummy
- In which I get hothothot
- In which I use my prerogative as a woman
- In which I ask a question...or two.
- in which something is afoot
- In which I moan about my boobs
- In which I consider all things baking
- In which I am hopeless
- In which I try to be a good person
- In which Tex-Mex fish fillets are made
- In which I make small talk and say whats on my min...
- In which there are friends for dinner
- June (1)