Tuesday 11 August 2009

5 things and a recipe for you

No 1. My Daily Note from The Universe.

If you can just remember where this is all going, Eve, no road will be too bumpy,
no night will be too lonely, and no price will seem too great.
Plus, with just a wink your confidence will bring peace to nations.

Careful now,
The Universe

Would that just be the coolest thing ever? One wink and I could forever mend the world. Possible. Something to consider and also must be more careful when winking, don't want to start anything the world can't handle yet.

No 2. Someone in my office farted and then tried to pin it on the Kebab House. Pharrrph; they go. A awkward pause and then "Dang...Did you just get that waft through the window? Damn Kebab House". Sure, right. Like I'm gonna fall for that.

No 3. Meerkat sex has got to be the funniest thing ever. If anyone has seen Meerkat Mansion you know of what I speak.

No 4. With Baby P's abusing Trio out too the public now and further information regarding the history of the offenders, It is even harder now to believe that social services continued to allow Baby P to live in that house hold. It is sickening the life Baby P lived up to his death. Tracey Connelly, Steven Baker and Jason Owen deserve much more than 5 years in prison. It is cases like these when I wish England had the death penalty.

No 5. Husband is so inconsistent with his tea making. Seriously so. There was a time shortly after we got married that I would only drink tea he had made, I wouldn't make it myself, his was always perfect and he was crowned official tea maker. Then gradually... it dwindled. Sometimes it is perfect, sometimes it's like drinking nats piss. What I can't understand is how he can make it different each time? doesn't he just do the same thing?... He no longer is allowed to make my tea.


What to make for dinner that's quick and easy and happens to be in my bare cupboards (why are my cupboards always bare?). Well, I had a tin of artichoke hearts I've been wanting to use for ages (I love artichokes. I have nostalgia for them. They make me think of my mother) and I had pasta. So I made this very simple quick but tasty dish. I'm sure you could use any veg though. It's our bog standard pasta dish really, but thought I'd share anyways.

Artichoke Pasta

1 tin artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 bowl of pasta dry (I didn't measure it...enough for two people)
1 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated

Cook the pasta per the instructions.

While the pasta is cooking heat the oil in a deep frying pan and saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes. Make sure it doesn't burn! (I didn't...) add the artichoke hearts and saute for a few minutes until the artichokes are heated through and starting to show some color.

Once the pasta is ready lift out of the pot with a slotted spoon and add to the frying pan. Add the Parmesan and mix well. you may need to add a little of the cooking water to keep the pasta "wet". Serve with Garlic bread.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

In our house it's the coffee. Hubby used to make me the best cup of coffee. Now. meh. I finally figured it out. If his coffee tastes like crap he knows he won't have to get up off the couch to make it. He knows I will go make a lovely hot pot. Tricky.

Unknown said...

I only drink tea made by hubby (and occasionally myself). I used to make tea weird (because i never drank it). I still do drink it often. Maybe I have a cup on average once a week. I just never got into the whole tea thing.

Eve said...

ModernMom - Ahh... This sounds very logical! I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case at my home.

HH - I think it was easy for me to get into the tea thing when I moved here because my Mum is English and a huge tea drinker. But, yup, same for me orignally, would only drink tea husband made for me.

Powered By Blogger