Wednesday 12 August 2009

Cakes by post

Blondies and Brownies looks like my kinda online shop. This site inspires me to invite the girlie's over and order a box of there very best. It's like Pizza Delivery but with brownies...could it get much better? I think not.

Speaking of girlie's, Wife is coming over to spend a few days/nights at our shack. Husband is out at another exec do tonight and so Wife and I are going to enjoy a few bottles of rose and some of my fine cooking. tomorrow night Husband is cooking for both his Wives, but when I say cook I suspect he might be pulling out the Sausage and Potato Hot Pot left overs from the freezer. Then Friday I am off and Wife and I plan on having a lazy morning with son and I'm deciding between Pancake or French Toast...How to choose?! I fancy some kind of fruit compote with it. I'm sure I've got raspberries in the freezer.

Here's something for you to ponder. Is how to eat a Oreo something you are born with or something you learn? You know; Twist, lick, dunk. Do you do it because you see others do it or because you've seen the cute add with the little blond boy depriving his poor dog of his Oreo cookie? Or do you do it because the Oreo itself calls to you to eat it that way. You look at it and you know, know! that there is only one true way to eat it.

I believe the latter and I believe this because I gave my son an Oreo cookie the other day, with of course I glass of milk (what? you think I'm a cruel mother?) of course. We've never had Oreo's in the house before this, so I don't believe he's ever come across them nor witnessed someone eating them.

After a thorough inspection, he twisted... he licked (and scraped and poked) the cream....and then... he dunked.

Hurrah!

Perhaps it is like an instinct. And a very understandable one at that.

7 comments:

JennyMac said...

Oreo instinct...I love it. Our 2 year old hat a mini oreo last week (I used them to bake cupcakes..amazing) and he didnt really like them. My Hub doesnt like sweets so that might be an instinct too. LOL.

Eve said...

Oreo Cupcakes? .... mmmmm. I have a Oreo Bunt Cake recipe I keep meaning to make... but cupcakes are more my kinda thing!

Unknown said...

I checked out that brownie site, it looks yummy. I dont do the twist like oreo thing. I eat them like i eat all the other cookies... i just scarf them!

Miranda said...

I just made oreo chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I created the recipe myself and it is insane! I am so happy how they turned out. I will post tonight.

Anyway, if the beef is not cooked. 3 Days.
If it is cooked: Leave it in the broth and refridge. I made sandwiches for days and it stayed well. I warmed up in the microwave with a little bit of the broth to prevent dryingout.

I would be happy to answer any more questions. You can email me at masnyde1@yahoo.com

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

just found your blog and wanted to come by and say hello!!!

Stephanie said...

Oreo instinct! LOL I agree..we are born with it:)

Eve said...

HH - haha, love it! this is why we love you :)

Miranda - Thank you! Once I set to making it don't be surprised if you get a few panicky e-mails coming your way ;)

ModernMom - totally :)

Powered By Blogger