I know I know, It's not winter. But I had some chipolata sausages in my freezer and it was a Sunday. So what it was a Sunday? Well, Sunday I traditionally break out the crock pot because we're usually out all day and it's nice to come home and just have to serve up a meal and not cook. We all really enjoyed it and it was very filling and I made so much I've now got three "heat-em-up" meals in the freezer for those days when I really can't be assed. Again sorry for the useless photo... needcamera.needcamera.
Chipolata Sausage & Potato Hot Pot.
2 tablespoon tomato paste
5 large potatoes
2 cups chicken stock
8 chipolata sausages
2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
1 (400 g) can cannellini beans
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt & pepper to taste
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon basil
Slice leek and Peel and chop potatoes coarsely. Heat oil in a frying pan and on low heat, fry leek for about 5 minutes. Add sausages and fry until brown.
Add 1 teaspoon of sage and 1 teaspoon of basil and add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
Transfer to Crock Pot and add chopped tomatoes. Add stock, stir well and season with salt and pepper.
Add potatoes. leave on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
check potatoes are tender. Remove lid, fold through beans and and leave for a further 10 minutes. Serve with steamed vegetables or a side dish of your choice.
Easily adapted to stove top, just start with a deep saucepan and keep all ingredients in there as you go. Leaving to cook for 30 minutes once adding the potatoes.
- Cakes and Cars.
- Things will be hard at time, But I’ve learned to t...
- To do, to do!
- I'll make it sweet on the lips, i'll simply knock ...
- I can promise you that by the time we get through ...
- Say cheese!
- I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
- I've been waiting for you
- These fickle, fuddled words confuse me, Like 'Will...
- What's your fantasy
- A little toddler insight
- Wedding fiasco
- A feast with friends
- A montage
- Cakes by post
- Contentment breeds rebellion and rebellions what w...
- 5 things and a recipe for you
- Stir fry?
- Clear out in all sense of the word
- How did this happen?
- Meet Bob
- A mothers guilt.
- Treacle Scones
- Mummy or me?
- Curry with Flowers... but not like together.
- Winter wonders - Sausage & Potato Hotpot
- Baking Day #1
- Therapy thoughts #1
- ▼ August (28)