Friday 11 September 2009

Theta Mom Thursday...but on a Friday!


I totally started writing this post ON Thursday but haven't had a chance until now (Friday night) to finish it. Funny how life does that. Before I go on though I have to say there is a sickly sweet smell of garbage in my house and I can't figure out where it's coming from. I wish it would go away though.

So, What did I do for my Theta Mom Thursday?

Well I had it all planned. Monday Husband was off and a friend of mine has just come back from six weeks in India and I wanted all the details. So, a leisurely afternoon coffee seemed in order, no? And with free babysitting (provided by Husband) this was a perfect opportunity!

But, come Monday when I proposed the idea to Husband he seemed not very enthusiastic to be taking charge of Son for a hour or two. Now, he didn't say no, but he did the whole "Well, if you don't want him to be with you then I guess I'll watch him" thing...which of course then prompts me to get on the defense and say "It's not that I don't want him with me, I love him, he can always come with me....but" and then Husband cuts in with "whatever, do what you want"

So of course... I had to take Son with me. So that went out the window for my 1 hour of time to myself...And left me with a week that seemed to fly by in which I did nothing for myself. Other than Therapy. But I don't like to count that because that happens every week so I wanna set myself another hour a week to myself, you know?

I did just have a nice long bath...which I spent half of shaving, which I was doing because I don't want it to get to the point where Husband wonders why his wife is hairier than he is... So, that wasn't really for me either.

Who would have thought finding one totally selfish hour would be so hard?

Next week I shall try harder. :)

4 comments:

Theta Mom said...

Eve, you are so rockin to join us again my friend! My husband sounds like yours about giving up a couple of hours for us mammas to get a cup of java. Do dice, right? It's like a hassle to them and it's what we do EVERYDAY.

You made it a good attmept, though and at least you got a nice bath in. Hey, we'll take what we can get!

Unknown said...

I say, no dinner for hubby!
Sorry you didn't manage to find some time for yourself, hope your weekend is fun and peaceful though.
*kisses* HH

tinahead81 said...

i hear you about the hubby! don't you just want to kick them sometimes?! haha, most of my bath time is usually spent shaving too!it is hard to find a whole hour of "me time"...sometimes ya can, and sometimes ya can't! lol better luck next week!

Eve said...

Theta - Always a pleasure!

HH - He got dinner but no desert! :)

Tina - Thank Tina, and totally! How am I suppose to relax if I'm contorting to try and shave the "tricky bits"! :D

Powered By Blogger