Tuesday 23 March 2010

14 days of mayhem

Or maybe it was more.

I'm not sure but I do know I feel like I need a holiday from being busy. And no I don't want to sit on a beach or go somewhere on a relaxing vacation, I want time to do my laundry and mop my floor and I want to be able to organize my pantry and sit down and watch trashy television and go to the shops without having to rush. ENJOY a normal, mundane, routine day.

That is what I want.

I've had a very busy past few weeks with visits from old American friends and EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG's Birthday (which involves some sort of party or visit) I have been socializing too much for my liking. Not that I didn't enjoy every minute off it, but I'm ready for a good month of normality now before anyone asks me to do anything else that involves disrupting my homely routine.

We have bought our tickets to fly home end of May for 3 weeks to enjoy (and I organize) my sisters wedding and I am ITCHING to get home. I haven't been home for 3 years. It's a long time.

I obviously have also been neglecting you, for which I apologize.

I have a study now, at the end of our garden (god bless my handy man husband) and I have been enjoying hiding in there and pouring over books and recipes and thinking of blogging. Eventually when I get wireless I'll be able to dedicate this as my blogging room and you may all see more of me. I hope I will be able to become a larger more constructive part of this community as well.

Once I get back on my toes I will also be holding a Foodie Pay It Forwards in which 3 of you will be the recipients of a foodie goodies box from the UK.

6 comments:

Viv said...

Welcome back...I thought you might have been holding out for us all to try beets. ;)

Eve said...

Viv - I am a little ;)

Unknown said...

OOooh, love the new look!
Please check out my new and improved blog. It just went up yesterday. I'd love to know what you think. Plus you can enter my giveaway for Amazon books :)
*kisses* HH

Miranda said...

I am a Stay at home mom and still have so much trouble keeping up. :)

I feel ya...

Helene said...

I would love nothing more than to just have ONE entire day dedicated to cleaning my house. I feel so much better when the house is organized and clean!!

Glad you're back!

Stephanie said...

Oooohh imagine a staycation. At home. No kids. Where you could tackle all of those projects you have been putting off and end each night with trashy TV, snacks and cocktails of choice. It does sound wonderful!

Powered By Blogger