Wednesday 31 March 2010

What do you get when you cross a Strawberry and a Pineapple?



Why a Pineberry of course. On Sky News this morning it's all the talk (War? what war? Murders? huh? Fruit is definitely a more important headline), The new fruit: Pineberries.

If you are lucky enough to live near a Waitrose then get your butt down there because they go out of season in 5 weeks times.

It's all very exciting IF it's true. While reading all the reports on this new and exciting fruit I am very aware of what the date is tomorrow and how notorious the British Press are for pulling one on the public.

But If it is true already my brain is working over load on the kind of fun deserts I can create. And I will. I am lucky enough to live quite close to a very large Waitrose and will be visiting there in the next few days in hopes to stock up.

Have you heard of Pineberries? Do you know if they are real? Do you have any suggestions on recipes?

I'll keep you updated.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh I hope it is true and that it spreads like wildfire! I would so be making some pineberry jam! Yummers:)

Liz Mays said...

I REALLY want to try those! They look so interesting!
PS. I'm wanting to send you that link about the weekend, but there's no email in your profile or on your blog. If you email me, I'll email you back! ;)

Unknown said...

wow, those are just beautiful. i dont live near a waitrose, but i do use ocado (who sell waitrose products) and the pineberry is not in the database. If i see them, i most definitely will buy them.
*kisses* HH

Frugal Vicki said...

okay YUM! And I am LOVING the bright cheery look! It is so inviting and fun!
I saw a whole beet root thing in the store the other day and I thought of you. I am sure I looked weird examining the thing

Viv said...

Those do look lovely!

Ally said...

Wow! That sounds too good to be true. Is it real? Nice! My two fave fruits warped into one :)

I'm your newest follower by the way.

Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

Jen R said...

It would be awesome and hilarious if pineberries are real. Something tells me they’re not. My spidey sense is tingling. But, just off the top of my head, pineberry short cake or pineberry upside-down cake sound good.

grace said...

please do keep us updated! even if it doesn't really exist, i'm inspired to combine those two fruits in my next experiment! :)

Powered By Blogger