Wednesday 7 April 2010

Awkward

Do you remember my stalker?

I received a disturbing message off of her yesterday:

You might not remember me, we met once for coffee and then lost touch. My Son died very suddenly and without cause 2 months ago, I am still in shock. Just thought you should know.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I am sad. Terribly. Because no Mother can be unmoved by the loss of a child. Someones child. Even if you don't like that someone.

But my paranoid brain is working over time and wondering how her 4 year old has died suddenly without cause...

And then that maternal instinct to reply and comfort because...god.... to loose a child.

Am I am a bad person for continuing to ignore her and for having no interest in getting back into that dysfunctional relationship?

I don't think so, but that doesn't stop me from feeling a little bit guilty.

4 comments:

Viv said...

If it were me, I would make a small donation to a charitable organization in her child's name if you know it, if not, then her family's name. Let the organization contact her to say that you've made a donation in her/their names, but, don't contact her directly. Not much, just about what you would have spent if you were sending flowers. To lose a child is horrible. As a mother, I couldn't ignore that pull either.

Eve said...

Viv, I love that idea. Thank you. will be doing that straight away.

hadjare said...

I don't know if I believe her. Is there a way to check the obits from two months ago to see if the story checks out? Never trust a stalker.

Miranda said...

I agree with hadjare! how do you know she is not fibbing? So sorry that you have to deal with such issues. :(

Powered By Blogger