Sunday 28 October 2007

In which I cry about the woes of being pregnant

Sunday, the day of lie-ins and more than one breakfast. Woke up to the husband caressing my cheek (yes, with his hand) and "aw, my little monster" (Monster is husbands favourite nick name for me, which, i am sure, will become clear as to why as this blog develops), of course a very beautiful and affectionate way to wake in the morning but also slightly unnerving if only for the fact that with pregnancy my face seems to have resorted to its once teenage self...Yes, the dreaded pimples (ugh, yes, plural) are back. So of course this results in every morning a quick run to the bathroom for a "spot check" (pun intended) before the husband lays eyes on his "glowing" wife.

I'm young, it was only a year or so ago that I finally came out of that stage of adolescence... I'm always very suspicious when someone say I have the pregnancy glow. I chalk it down to good make up application that morning, because I know as soon I get home and wash the layers of medium beige, bronze glow and rouge that underneath my poor acne prone skin is flaring up and screaming to get.this.baby.out.

don't get me wrong, I do love being pregnant, and I am at times, overwhelmed by the beauty of it all, but i do miss the "old me"... Drinking, smoking ... OK, fine, I realize that all those things aren't good for me, but drinking and smoking is cool...right? Better examples of things I miss are maybe staying awake later than 10:30pm, touching my toes, and giving my husband blow jobs while he's driving. Ah, those were the days.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger