Thursday 9 July 2009

In which I try to be a good person

I have just finished reading Nick Hornby's "How to be good" and it got me thinking. What constitutes a good person? Who decides what is good and what isn't? Is it not all a matter of opinion? The same as what some people find is "normal" other do not...?

I am going to have to sit on this for a while I think, really think about it and come to a decision for myself. But in the mean time I'd love to hear what others thoughts are on this.

Do you consider yourself a good person? Why?

I always have considered myself a good person, but now I am wondering other wise. Are there any good people in the world other than, you know... Buddha, Mother Theresa, Will Smith and Jesus. I mean really good. Like totally selfless... Is that what makes you a good person? Selflessness? But is it not human to be selfish? even just a little?

Ah, like I said, I shall have to ponder this for a while. I'll leave you with a quote though.

This one said to me today by my therapist: We can only find perfection in imperfection

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger