Friday 23 November 2007

In which I get kicked and punched in the gut. a lot.

I'm 26 weeks and 3 days pregnant today. Third trimester next week, which means I still have another 3 months to go. I am so over being pregnant.

Generally, it's ok. like the whole magical aspect of growing a life, my child, inside me. that's a beautiful thought, and the thought that I'm going to be a Mother...It's exciting and beautiful and I sometimes find myself almost moved to tears when I think of it.

But at the moment I'm a bit bored of pregnancy. Maybe because I feel like my normal self. I'm not too tired, I'm not puking, I'm not having weird cravings, I generally feel absolutely fine... Except there is this thing kicking inside me.all.the.time... ALL THE TIME.

My god, He never stops! I mean, at first it was cute, come evening time I'd feel this little pop inside, like popcorn going off in my tummy, it was lovely, cute... Now all the time, morning, noon, night I have this thump, bump, kick. I feel like my rib cage keeps being rattled, like the little bugger is running his tin cup along them crying "let me out, let me out". I find myself pacing our kitchen in the evening in a hope to calm him down and feeling almost irritated that I have to do that (it makes it even worse that I get the impression my husband thinks I'm over exaggerating) And then it hits me, I'm going to be doing this a lot more soon, except rather than rocking my tummy back and forth I'll be rocking my baby son in my arms.

I guess that makes it ok.

In fact... That, I look forward to.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger