I have just finished reading Nick Hornby's "How to be good" and it got me thinking. What constitutes a good person? Who decides what is good and what isn't? Is it not all a matter of opinion? The same as what some people find is "normal" other do not...?
I am going to have to sit on this for a while I think, really think about it and come to a decision for myself. But in the mean time I'd love to hear what others thoughts are on this.
Do you consider yourself a good person? Why?
I always have considered myself a good person, but now I am wondering other wise. Are there any good people in the world other than, you know... Buddha, Mother Theresa, Will Smith and Jesus. I mean really good. Like totally selfless... Is that what makes you a good person? Selflessness? But is it not human to be selfish? even just a little?
Ah, like I said, I shall have to ponder this for a while. I'll leave you with a quote though.
This one said to me today by my therapist: We can only find perfection in imperfection
- someone needs to stop me
- screw the "In which..." from now on!
- In which I fancy a drink
- In which I give you a quickie
- Joy of reading award
- In which pills are the only way
- In which it's a monday
- In which there is more shopping to be had
- In which I do the movie and a take-away thing
- In which I discuss two of my favourite things
- In which dinner is served!
- In which we should consider
- In which I am taken down
- Nigela Lawson is a bit of a hero for me. It starte...
- In which I bite my tongue
- In which yes I am aware I am going to be posting a...
- In which I am thoughtful
- In which I want to be popular
- In which I love thy neighbor
- In which I again ask
- In which everything is wonderful
- In which I fail
- In which I go to war
- In which it's a race for life
- In which thunder all through the night
- In which I am pleasently surprised.
- In which I make a note
- In which I think dried cranberries are yummy
- In which I get hothothot
- In which I use my prerogative as a woman
- In which I ask a question...or two.
- in which something is afoot
- In which I moan about my boobs
- In which I consider all things baking
- In which I am hopeless
- In which I try to be a good person
- In which Tex-Mex fish fillets are made
- In which I make small talk and say whats on my min...
- In which there are friends for dinner
- ▼ July (39)