Tuesday 14 July 2009

In which I use my prerogative as a woman

My following list today is to die for. Everyone is blogging all kinds of interesting/yummy and pretty things. Loving it.

Yesterday was not one of my best days unfortunately. Felt very much that the mundane was getting just a little too mundane for my liking. Questioned if I was a good mother, and if I wasn't how could I be a better one, questioned if I really wanted "this life", Just one of those days. You see, if you had told me not that long ago that when I was 24 I would be married, with a kid and striving to be a domestic goddess I would have laughed in your face and then taken a long swig from a tequila bottle before climbing on a table to dance. Ok, that's an exaggeration because I was never a party animal, not a "girls gone wild". But I was very independent, stubborn and convinced i would travel the world alone being beautifully selfish. Then love knocked me right off my feet and I find myself here, never happier but also a little shell shocked. So yes, I think I'm allowed a "what the fuck" day every so often.

Due to my mood yesterday I was feeling homesick which means I fancy eating Mexican, but also could not be bothered to cook, so I adapted a Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe I have for my crock pot and it went a little something like this:

Crock Pot Mexican Chicken

1 1/2 cups Par-boiled rice
600g skinless-boneless chicken thighs, cut in half & trimmed of fat
I tin of Kidney Beans
Jar of Mexican sauce (any kind would work I suspect. I used Fajita sauce but Enchilada or Taco would work)
1 cup Chicken Stock
2 cups Grated cheese

Use cooking spray to grease the crock pot and then layer ingredients in the order shown above. cook on low for 4 hours.

It was tasty but i think I over cooked the rice from the beginning because it was very mushy, so of course, son LOVED it. I was so happy to see him eat so much, Felt very accomplished, nothing like feeding my boys.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger