Friday, 17 July 2009
In which it's a race for life
quite a few people from my husbands work are running the Race for Life this Sunday in ... Hyde park(?) I think. Anyways, there are even more people going to support them and have a picnic etc. (all assuming the weather is nice enough for it).
What should I take.
I was thinking to take, BBQ chicken in rolls, coleslaw, tomato/cucumber & feta salad, some lunch olives and then I was going to (finally) make Peanut butter cupcakes (for the kids) and Margarita cupcakes (for the adults).
Should I take something else? Or does anyone have any suggestion for things that will keep well from morning till lunch in a picnic basket? That's the thing... I don't think I've ever packed a real picnic so I am conscious of things going soggy etc.
I'd love to hear suggestions! I'm looking for a mix of sophisticated food for the adults and fun food for the kids.
Cheers in advance.
- someone needs to stop me
- screw the "In which..." from now on!
- In which I fancy a drink
- In which I give you a quickie
- Joy of reading award
- In which pills are the only way
- In which it's a monday
- In which there is more shopping to be had
- In which I do the movie and a take-away thing
- In which I discuss two of my favourite things
- In which dinner is served!
- In which we should consider
- In which I am taken down
- Nigela Lawson is a bit of a hero for me. It starte...
- In which I bite my tongue
- In which yes I am aware I am going to be posting a...
- In which I am thoughtful
- In which I want to be popular
- In which I love thy neighbor
- In which I again ask
- In which everything is wonderful
- In which I fail
- In which I go to war
- In which it's a race for life
- In which thunder all through the night
- In which I am pleasently surprised.
- In which I make a note
- In which I think dried cranberries are yummy
- In which I get hothothot
- In which I use my prerogative as a woman
- In which I ask a question...or two.
- in which something is afoot
- In which I moan about my boobs
- In which I consider all things baking
- In which I am hopeless
- In which I try to be a good person
- In which Tex-Mex fish fillets are made
- In which I make small talk and say whats on my min...
- In which there are friends for dinner
- ▼ July (39)