Friday 24 July 2009

In which we should consider

I'm taking a break from the bathroom in fear that if I stay in there any longer I will fumigate myself (I got a bit carried away with my Ciff spray gun).

I'd like to share something with thoughts of my previous post in mind

vain

–adjective, -er, -est.
1. excessively proud of or concerned about one's own appearance, qualities, achievements, etc.; conceited: a vain dandy.
2. proceeding from or showing personal vanity: vain remarks.

I like that word. I'm going to reclaim it I think. So what if I'm proud and concerned about myself? In a world where there are so many insecure women and there is so much pressure from the media for women to conform to a certain way (with often conflicting messages) I think I'd much rather be vain than insecure and ashamed.

Yes, I know I am beautiful.
Yes, I know I am funny.
Yes, I know I am a great mother
Yes, I know I am an amazing wife
Yes, I know I am great in bed
Yes, I know I am smart
Yes, I know I am confident

But most importantly

Yes, I know I am capable.

What about you guys?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger